Neovim Core updates
Updates of Neovim itself, which are available on Neovim nightly.
Important: if you are a plugin author, you are strongly advised to follow the #14090 breaking changes on master GitHub thread, as it contains important breaking changes information.
Neovim Plugin Community updates
Neovim is full of active plugins. This section is about the community and what is going on.
Pure lua replacement for github/copilot.vim.
Copilot.lua has support for both Copilot Suggestion and
Copilot Panel, with custom keybindings and configurable settings. It also integrates nicely with other Lua plugins, e.g.
zhiyuan.nvim provides a way to send system-wide notifications on linux using libnotify and lua ffi.
- Show and manage special floating window displaying automatically updated overview of current buffer text.
- Show scrollbar next to map content.
- Highlight map lines representing certain data in current buffer. There are pre-built generators for common integrations:
- Builtin search.
- Builtin diagnostic.
- Git line status.
- Focus on map window to quickly browse current (source) buffer. Moving inside map window updates cursor position in source window enabling fast and targeted buffer exploration.
- Encoding symbols used to display binary information of different resolution (default is 3x2).
- Scrollbar symbols, separate for line and view. Can have any width (even zero, which virtually disables scrollbar).
- Integrations producing map line highlights.
- Window options: side (left/right), width, ‘winblend’, and more.
A nice new plugin by @echasnovski!
Main goal of this project is to migrate all the functionallties of jc2 to Neovim.
In addition to autocompletion, it can:
- organize imports;
- generate code (
equals, constructors, accessors) with field selection;
- add abstract methods to implementing class;
- execute vimspector debug session;
- automatic installation of jdt.ls and java-debug extension;
- class creation methods from
A simple plugin by @kiran94 that allows you to edit files from S3 directly in Neovim. It enables a workflow where you can fuzzy search for a file in S3, edit it and then automatically upload it back all without closing Neovim.
A Markdown preview plugin for Neovim written by @toppair.
A Neovim frontend for
mongosh, by @jrop.
A resize mode for Neovim, which allows to resize the window into the direction you want. Written by @dimfred.
A plugin for Neovim that lets you create your own “minimap” from tree-sitter queries or Vim regex. By @ziontee113.
A “toy and exercise” plugin in floating buffers to enhance your knowledge and speed in Neovim! Written by @nagy135.
Toggle various text (booleans, dates, etc.) with simple shortcuts.
nvim-rsis a rust library for writing rpc clients for neovim, utilizing the async/await language feature.
🧠 Smart, directional Neovim and tmux split resizing and navigation. Think about splits in terms of “up/down/left/right”.
smart-splits.nvim now has a
tmux integration for seamless navigation between Neovim splits and
tmux panes! Use the same intuitive, directional, cyclic navigation keymaps to jump between Neovim splits and tmux panes. See README.md for configuration.
Every one needs help, so lemmy-help you! A CLI to generate Vim/Neovim help doc from
The plugin now supports emmylua types.
Nothing for this week… 🙁
You have noticed something missing that you saw lately? Do not keep the candies for yourself and please feel free to share with us! You can open a PR at This Week In Neovim Contents.
Feel free to read how to contribute to get started.